Sometimes you just need an old classic for some comfort food. This Alfredo sauce is light and fluffy (and all natural) so you don’t have to sacrifice taste for moderately healthy eating. You can also make this one vegetarian if you leave out the chicken, no problem.
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
(Inspiration found here)
- 1 package pre-cooked chicken strips
- 1 cup fresh chopped broccoli (or frozen broccoli, if you don’t have fresh)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pasta of your choice
Make the sauce first because it takes the longest.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil and then simmer, uncovered, until it thickens and reduces. This takes about 10-15 minutes. Keep stirring regularly to keep the liquid from bubbling over. Once thick, mix in the Parmesan cheese and melt into the sauce.
4. Boil a pot of water and cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
5. Chop broccoli florets into bite size pieces.
A family favorite. I used gluten free brown rice penne for this dish and it worked great. You can use any sort of pasta that you see fit. The sauce is creamy without being too heavy, and this recipe made plenty for leftovers.