So, for Secret Santa this year, my great friend Katie selected my name and chose the most perfect book to gift me. It is the Artisanal Gluten Free Cookbook by Peter and Kelli Bronski. I’ve had a joyous time flipping through its pages and having my mouth water at all the beautiful pictures and ideas for recipes. I started with an easy one to get the hang of things, but I am sure I will have plenty more from this book in the weeks to come.
(Inspiration on page 179 of this fabulous cookbook)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons tamari wheat-free soy sauce (or GF soy sauce)
1 garlic clove, minced [I used preminced garlic]
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger [I used preminced ginger]
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk together the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Place the salmon in a shallow dish and pour the maple glaze over the salmon. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Bake the salmon at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until it flakes easily.
5. Serve with some rice and some veggies, and enjoy!
This was an excellent recipe! The sweet and salty tastes blend together perfectly. I would suggest marinating the salmon to ensure the tastes get infused. It’s a great, healthy meal with the sauce giving it a little extra flavor.