The original post where I found this recipe called it ‘man-pleasing chicken’, and I don’t disagree! This was a quick chicken meal that didn’t take too much effort but makes you look like a rockstar. The sauce is tangy and sweet at the same time. Both of us were licking our plates by the end.
(Inspiration found here)
- 1 lb chicken breasts [I used thin sliced chicken tenders in this recipe and the original calls for thighs. Any cut of chicken that you prefer will work]
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Rosemary (as garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Mix together 1/2 cup of dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar into a bowl.
3. Put chicken pieces into a foil-lined baking dish. Salt and pepper the chicken, then pour the sauce over until chicken is completely covered. Put the chicken in the oven on the top rack.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes or until most of the liquid has burned off or caramelized.
5. Sprinkle some rosemary, serve with some veggies and potatoes and ENJOY!
Winner winner chicken dinner! This one was a bigger hit than I’ve seen in a long time. Very savory sauce and quick time to make – call it a win-win in my book!
If you wanted to use chicken with a skin to make the sauce crust a little more, that would add to this recipe as well, but this cut of chicken was just delightful and easy to do.