This one is a household favorite! It’s simple in ingredients and effort, it makes your house smell terrific when you get home, and it’s really easy to throw together. There are usually enough leftovers of everything to provide a second meal. What’s not to love?
Crock Pot Lime Cilantro Chicken Tacos
(inspiration found here)
1 lb chicken breasts (about 3-4 chicken breasts)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
24 oz jar of salsa [I suggest using Medium salsa for this for a little kick]
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of corn tortillas
Any other toppings you like!
1. Chop up cilantro. [They always give you SO MUCH cilantro in the bunches. Don’t be surprised if you don’t even use half your bundle.]
2. Mix cilantro, salsa, taco seasoning, and juice of 2 limes in a bowl.
3. Coat the bottom of the crock pot with a bit of the sauce.
4. Put chicken in the crock pot.
5. Cover chicken with the salsa mix.
6. Cover and cook this on LOW for 7-8 hours.
(after 8 hours)
7. When the chicken is done, put it into a separate pan and shred it with a fork. It should just fall apart. Use additional salsa mix from the crock pot to flavor the chicken and add a little moisture.
8. Prepare the guacamole
8a. Guacamole is super easy and super delicious: Slice your avocados in half, scoop out the pit, and create a grid in the avocado meat.
Scoop out into a bowl and mix together with the guacamole mix. Voila!
9. Serve and enjoy!
This is a great weekday meal and allows you to be creative. The chicken is delicious and moist. Also, there are plenty of leftovers and we like to make chicken quesadillas with the leftover tortillas, chicken, and cheese. Two meals in one!