I’m a big fish person. I love serving fish as a main course. It’s healthy, easy, and a white fish especially can go with anything. I had a craving to do something new and different with a fish dish rather than just grilling. Breaded filets are a great alternative and quick and easy to do.
Breaded Tilapia with Honey Balsamic Glaze
(Inspiration found here)
3-4 frozen tilapia filets
1 cup breadcrumbs [In this case, I used gluten free bread crumbs]
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In the baking dish, add the breadcrumbs and lay each filet on top. sprinkle the breadcrumbs all over the top and press down, do not shake off excess. Place each filet, carefully in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until fish is cooked throughout.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, honey,and balsamic vinegar until it is blended into a creamy sauce (no clumps).
5. Plate the tilapia and drizzle the sauce on top. Enjoy!
This turned out to be interesting but very delicious. I think I may have overdone it on the breadcrumbs, but they gave a nice crunch to the dish. I served it with a side of quinoa and some frozen peas. We had leftover sauce so we put it over the quinoa to jazz that up a little bit as well.